INDONESIAN TCA CERTIFICATE 2nd Batch
TERRESTRIAL CARBON ACCOUNTING CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN INDONESIA
Dates : 19 – 31 August 2019
Duration : 13 days (Monday to Saturday)
Location : Bogor, West Java, Indonesia
Hosted and taught by: Bogor Agricultural University (IPB) Indonesia
National partner: The Center for Climate Risk and Opportunity Management Southeast Asia and Pacific (CCROM SEAP)
Description: The Terrestrial Carbon Accounting Certificate program is an intensive session to comprehensively instruct learners in the advanced skills needed to effective measure, report, and manage emissions and removals in the forest and land-use sector. The program in Indonesia has been designed in consultation with the government to emphasize the skills, methodologies, and examples that will prepare learners for technical TCA work in Indonesia with the government or for private sector compliance. The program designers have worked in close consultation with the Government of Indonesia to support the country’s National Communications to the UNFCCC, and have firsthand familiarity with the technical skills and processes employed. The instructors for each course are highly-published and well-respected academics in the course area. Includes special lectures by current and former high-level-officials from the Government of Indonesia. The program applies advanced pedagogy and “hybrid” learning approaches for maximum impact. The competency-based program is career-focused and includes professional development for Certificate recipients.
- Science and Policy Context
- GIS/Remote Sensing
- 2006 IPCC Guidelines and Land Classification
- Data Collection and Field Methods
- Statistics for Terrestrial Carbon Accounting
- Communication of Results
Price: IDR 15,000,000
Fieldwork: The In Class Lectures will be for 10 days, located at the IPB Graduate School in Bogor. The Field Work trip will be for 3 days and 2 nights located in Gunung Walat, Sukabumi.
Scholarships: CCROM will provide partial scholarships for a maximum of 3 participants (first come, first serve). Scholarship participants only need to pay IDR 5,000,000 per person. Selection of scholarship candidates will be very selective, based on a competitive basis and background of the candidates.
Training Fees Includes:
- Course tuition fees
- Examination fees
- Registration fees
- Fieldwork fees
- Seminar Kit & Certificates
- In Class training – Foods (2x coffee break and lunch) during in-class lecturer for 10 days in Graduate School IPB
- Fieldwork – Lodging, transport, and foods (coffee break, lunch, dinner) for 3 days and 2 nights stay during fieldwork activities in Gunung Walat
Training Fees Do Not Include:
- Accommodation and Transport during 10 days In Class training
Accreditation anticipated by: IPB, The Carbon Institute
- A current résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and latest pictures
- Maximum 45 years old and mid-level career
- Complete online Registration Form: https://forms.gle/cJ4RCRWJo1H5JNri9
- Letter of recommendation from your Supervisor or Dean/Head of Department for students, including a statement of commitment to participate in 2 weeks training
- Have a background in environmental, biological, forestry
- Have basic knowledge of (a) basic GIS/remote sensing and (b) math and statistics
- Able to communicate in English (Speaking, writing, and listening)
- Meet all requirements and qualifications stated on General Participants
- Provide the latest scanned copy of your transcript. Please ensure that all transcripts are readable and properly scanned.
- Applicants must include an essay of 500-700 words that clearly states their purpose and plan in undertaking a certificate program in Bahasa Indonesia or English. The essay must be written by the applicant. Any essay found to have been written by anyone other than the applicant, or plagiarized from other published materials, will be withdrawn from consideration.
- Interview process.
- Registration (first come, first serve) from 17 June – 14 July 2019
- Selection process: 15 – 18 July 2019
- Acceptance announcement on 22 July 2019
- Confirmation of participation from 22 - 25 July 2019
- Administration and training fees from 26 July – 4 August 2019
- Training schedule from 19 – 31 August 2019
Additional for scholarship students:
- Interview for scholarship students from 15 – 18 July 2019 by an online interview